Black Seed Ink can be purchased at blackseedink.com/. They tout the following characteristics:
- .8mm thick 304 grade stainless steel
- Matte black finish - protection against rust and corrosion
- Raised steel guidelines - easy etching
- Etching tool - tungsten carbide fine tip and knurled grip
- Canadian manufactured Chicago screws plus nylon washers
This device comes with an etching pen; on one side I did some really deep etches while on the other side I made some lighter etches. I’d rate this as easier to set up than stamping or etching with a dremel, though I still prefer center punching.
Heat Stress Test
No data loss. I did note that the nylon washers burned off. Not sure why they went with nylon…
Corrosion Stress Test
The lighter etched words are getting pretty faint but are still legible at the right angle.
Crush Stress Test
On the verge of data loss, but you can still make out the words.